Sunday 12 May 2013

Crochet...



Hey...Today am going to write about my new found passion : Crochet..
I was just going over different techniques and came across crochet . My grandmother used to make small table tops...tea coasters...with crochet.

Crochet is similar to knitting. Knitting is done using two sticks. Crochet is done using one stick.

At first, I thought we can make only table cloths...sweaters...jackets...with crochet.
But to my surprise...there are a whole lot of things which can be made with crochet... its just amazing...the more I search on crochet..the more designs I come across...my mid gets flooded with new ideas ....
Some things which i never thought of can be made with crochet..

I tried few things..Once you know the basic stitches..you can do a new pattern on your own...
Basic stitches : chain, Single crchet , double crochet , triple crochet, half double crochet , magic ring
Even if you know these stitches..you can make lot of things and invent new patterns.. J

All you need is Yarn/any kind of thread and crochet stick which you can get easily in the market and most importantly your creative side.. J
First i tried to make small square..small circle with crochet.. Then small flowers..leaves..
Tried different shapes..butterlfies...birds..
Then i went on to make fridge magnets...they look so cute... J and they are so easy to make .
I also made a small bag... just to keep few small things..
This technique is just fantastic...so much creativity involved...there is no limit to imagination and creation.

There are so many tutorials..videos available on internet for crochet.. All you need to do is search and learn..
When you learn by yourself..you will learn much more than going to some class and learning.







No comments:

Post a Comment